The Duluth Public Library is seeking energetic, responsible people who are looking for rewarding work. Volunteering at your library is a wonderful way to help people, while also staying connected to your community. Please read our volunteer policy before applying.
If you would like to donate your time, please read our Volunteer Policy and then contact our volunteer coordinator, Cheryl Skafte, at:
Download Volunteer Application
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Home Library Service Delivery
Where: Route 2 – UMD Area
Overview: Volunteer will assist library patrons who are no longer able to visit a library by delivering and returning materials.
Volunteer delivers and picks up loaned materials from Home Library Service users. The bag of library materials may be picked up and dropped off at any Duluth Public Library location.
Time Commitment: 2-3 hours per month, minimum of one year commitment encouraged. Route 2 goes out on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.
- Enthusiasm for the Duluth Public Library; friendliness; ability to interact with the public.
- Able to work independently and with little supervision.
- Ability to push, bend, stretch, and lift; a bag of materials can weigh up to 22 lbs.
- Delivery Volunteers must have a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Contact Volunteers must be comfortable using phones and the online library catalogue.
Background Check/Screening: Applicants must fill out an application and consent to a background check. Delivery Volunteers must have a valid driver’s license and consent to a driving history check.
How to Apply:
Interested volunteers should send a completed Volunteer Application
to Cheryl Skafte